- We endeavour to minimise our environmental impacts and support activities and projects to protect and restore the natural environment.
- We seek to assess the negative impacts of our operations across Europe and take steps to address these.
Caring for the Environment
We have also been awarded the Five Star Award for Responsible Tourism by the Association of Independent Tour Operators (AITO). This acknowledges the improvements we have made to ensure our holidays and business practices are more environmentally friendly and is their highest level of recognition.
Discover more at www.aito.co.uk
We're proud to be one of the only travel companies to achieve FSC certification for using paper from approved, sustainable sources too. Everything we send to you is printed on FSC and part or fully recycled paper. The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an independent non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation established to promote the responsible management of the world's forests.
Discover more at www.fsc.org/
We have also achieved PEFC certification for using paper from sustainable sources. The Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) is the world’s largest forest certification system, and is an international non-profit, non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting sustainable forest management through independent third-party certification.
Discover more at www.pefc.org
We love the great outdoors and have teamed up with the Woodland Trust to try and do our bit to protect those natural spots we love most.
Although setting off on holiday is as fun as climbing trees and kicking up leaves, all forms of travel rack up our carbon footprint and release CO2 into the atmosphere. To try and balance out the negative effect on the outdoors we love so much, the Woodland Trust creates new woodlands for the benefit of people and wildlife alike. You can become part of this by opting to make a voluntary donation when you book your holiday.
From as little as £1 you can help to create new woodlands right here in the UK and enjoy the great outdoors on your doorstep. From 2011-2013 alone, you’ve helped to fund 100,000 square metres of new native woodland and remove around 4,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. A breath of fresh air, right?
£1 per accommodation only booking
£3 per accommodation & travel booking
To help lower your carbon footprint further, we've put together a selection of parcs which are located close to the local train station, port or airport, meaning they can be accessed by public transport or a short hop in a taxi.
To further support our environmentally friendly practises, Eurocamp has developed a five year plan, covering:
- Energy and Waste - including reducing energy consumption at all of our Eurocamp offices and ensuring that, in the future, energy saving devices will be fitted as standard in all of our accommodation.
- Transportation - ensuring our accommodation inventory is sourced as locally as possible.
- Alternative materials - ensuring our accommodation is made from recycled materials where possible.
- New product development - promoting the use of rail to reach your holiday destination and bicycles rather than the car when on holiday.
- Save paper and download your e-brochure from eurocamp.co.uk.
- All Eurocamp paper brochures and direct mailings are printed on paper from sustainable forests.
- Look out for our recycle logo or pass your brochure or mailing on to a friend who may be interested in taking a Eurocamp holiday too!
- Provide us with your email address and we can email all of our special offers and even your holiday confirmation to you, rather than send more paper.