To take your dog abroad on a Eurocamp holiday, you must obtain a PETS passport. This passport allows for your dog to return to the UK without the requirement for quarantine. The PETS scheme consists of a rigid process and timescale of veterinary requirements which can be performed by your local vet.
These steps must be performed in the required order.
The complete process above should cost in the region of £150 - £250, however, this cost should be compared against the other options available to dog owners:
PETS Passport = £150 - £250 one off cost
Kennels = up to £200 to £300 each and every holiday
Pet Sitter = up to £200 to £300 each and every holiday
Quarantine = £2,000 each and every time plus 6 months wait
For each and every trip overseas and BEFORE the dog re-enters the UK, it must be treated against tapeworm. The dog must be treated against tapeworm no less than 24 hours and no more than 120 hours (1-5 days) before re-entry into the UK. The vet who completes this simple procedure will “stamp” the passport and give the necessary paperwork to you to be presented to the travel operator. This process MUST be completed as described.
Failure to comply with this regulation will involve your dog being placed into quarantine upon arrival into the UK. They may be able to be released early (before the full 6 month quarantine period has finished (if they can be shown to comply with the necessary PETS rules whilst in quarantine.
Nearly all ferry operators from the UK to the continent will accept pets on board. The following routes and operators have been approved by DEFRA for the PETS passport scheme.
– Hull – Zeebrugge (P&O Ferries)
– Hull – Rotterdam (P&O Ferries)
– Rosyth – Zeebrugge (Superfast Ferries)
– Dover – Calais (P&O Ferries) (SeaFrance)
– Folkestone - Calais (Eurotunnel)
– Dover – Dunkerque (Norfolk Line)
– Dover – Boulogne (Speedfast Ferries)
– Newhaven – Dieppe (Transmanche Ferries)
– Portsmouth – Cherbourg , Caen, St.Malo (Brittany Ferries)
– Portsmouth – Le Havre (Louis Dreyfus Lines)
– Poole – Cherbourg (Brittany Ferries)
– Poole – St.Malo (Condor Ferries)
– Plymouth – Roscoff (Brittany Ferries)
– Newcastle – Ijmuiden (DFDS Seaways)
– Harwich – Hook of Holland (Stena Line)
– Plymouth – Santander (Brittany Ferries)
Whilst some airlines will carry pets as cargo, at this time, Eurocamp Holidays will only book dogs for travel via ferry, as above.
The air holidays & flights shown are ATOL Protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is 9139. Atol protection extends primarily to customers who book & pay in the UK. Find out more
Supported by the Association of Independent Tour Operators ensuring 100% financial holiday protection
Suported by the travel association to ensure choice, value, and high levels of service.
Eurocamp use VeriSign, the global Certification Authority, to protect and encrypt our customers details using an SSL certificate.
Sage Pay use digital signatures and strong encryption to ensure that all sensitive information is protected throughout every transaction.