- Caen: 865km ( recommended )
- St Malo: 880km
- Calais: 942km
- Cherbourg: 964km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Val de Cantobre Campsite
Domaine de Vellas, 12230 NANT D' AVEYRON
- GPS Co-ordinates 44.045509 3.301671
- Local Railway Millau, 29km : Services to Montpellier and Paris
- Bus Station la Cavalerie, 19km
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Le Val de Cantobre.
The western channel crossings leave you the shortest distance to drive in France. Brittany Ferries offer a good choice of day and night sailings from Portsmouth to Caen Ouistreham.
From Caen the route is surprisingly straight forward and it's motorway nearly all the way! The drive takes you past Le Mans, Tours and Clermont-Ferrand. You also get to drive over the Millau Viaduct - it's a really awe-inspiring bridge and once you have crossed it you only have 35km to go!
Driving from Caen gives you the opportunity for an overnight stop in the beautiful Loire Valley - take a break and enjoy a little châteaux spotting.
If you prefer a shorter sea crossing, or even the train, both Eurotunnel and P&O Ferries offer a great choice of departures all through the day and night.
The most direct route from Calais takes you via Paris and Orléans. Why not have a city break and take in the sights of Paris.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Ardèche is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Lyon, Nimes, St Etienne and Montpellier. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Beziers (BZR): 110km ( nearest )
- Rodez (RDZ): 113km
- Montpellier (MPL): 130km
- Nimes (FNI): 138km