- Calais: 943km ( recommended )
- St Malo: 885km
- Caen: 898km
- Zeebrugge: 972km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
La Bastide en Ardèche Campsite
1, Route d'Alès, 07120 Sampzon
- GPS Co-ordinates 44.423239 4.324376
- Local Railway Montélimar, 50km : Services to Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Avignon
- Bus Station 0km : Services to bus Aubenas, Montelimar
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to La Bastide en Ardèche.
P&O Ferries sail from Dover to Calais, while Eurotunnel runs trains from Folkstone to Calais. Both operators offer a great choice of departure times day and night.
From Calais to La Bastide en Ardèche is a fair distance, but if you head down the A26/A6/A7 autoroute to Lyon and Valence, its motorway nearly all the way. On this route you exit the motorway close to Montélimar and then you just have around 70km to drive.
If you prefer a western channel crossing, Brittany Ferries offer a choice of day and night sailings from Portsmouth to Caen Ouistreham. From Caen the route is surprisingly straight forward - take the main road to Le Mans, Tours and Clermont-Ferrand. It's just under 240km to your parc from Clermont-Ferrand on the shortest route. Just south of Tours is our parc Le Parc de Fierbois, why not break the journey with an overnight stop and spot a château or two in the beautiful Loire Valley.
If Calais is your choice and you want to break your journey once you have crossed the channel, check out the great facilities on parc at La Croix du Vieux Pont, or why not have a city break and take in the sights of Paris.
Alternatively in the great wine producing region of Burgundy you will find Le Domaine de L'Epervière just south of Chalon-sur-Saône. Its close to the autoroute and from there it's just over 300km to La Bastide en Ardèche.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Ardèche is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Lyon, Nimes, St Etienne and Montpellier. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Nimes (FNI): 110km ( nearest )
- Montpellier (MPL): 139km