- Caen: 648km ( recommended )
- St Malo: 645km
- Cherbourg: 705km
- Calais: 796km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Les Péneyrals Campsite
Le Poujol, 24590 ST CREPIN et CARLUCET
- GPS Co-ordinates 44.957806 1.272418
- Local Railway Sarlat, 13km : Services to Bordeaux, Le Buisson
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Les Péneyrals.
The western channel port of Caen Ouistreham offers a choice of day and night sailings with Brittany Ferries. If you take the overnight crossing, then you can do the drive without a overnight stopover, but at over 600km you will want to stop and stretch your legs from time to time! Why not take a break in the Loire valley - the city of Tours is en route and well worth a look around.
Taking the Calais option gives you the choice of crossing the channel by ferry or train, with departures around the clock. From Calais the shortest route is via Paris, but if you don't fancy tackling the Paris ring road (peripherique), take the slightly longer journey via Rouen in Normandy, before heading south through Tours and Limoges.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Dordogne region is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Bergerac, Bordeaux, Brive, Limoges and Rodez. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Bergerac (EGC): 87km ( nearest )
- Limoges (LIG): 139km