- Calais: 872km ( recommended )
- Zeebrugge: 804km
- Rotterdam: 802km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Campingpark Gitzenweiler Hof Campsite
Gitzenweiler 88, D-88131 Lindau (Bodensee)
- GPS Co-ordinates 47.585699 9.705963
- Local Railway Lindau, 6km : Services to Munich
- Bus Station 1km : Services to bus Lindau, Munich
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Campingpark Gitzenweiler Hof.
The drive from Calais might be a fair distance, but you have the chance to take in some wonderful scenery and even an exciting city break or two along the way! Head to Belgium and wonderful Brussels, and then on to Luxembourg. If you take this route, parc Birkelt near Larochette is just 433km from Calais - it's a great place for an overnight break.
If you can catch an early ferry or train to Calais, motor straight on to the Black Forest and check out the facilities on parc at Campingplatz Herbolzheim.
If you are travelling from the north of England or Scotland, consider giving the M25 a miss and take the overnight P&0 ferry crossing from Hull to Rotterdam or Zeebrugge - you will arrive rested and well placed for your journey.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
Germany is within easy reach, with several airlines flying from the UK and Ireland (indirectly) into Friedrichshafen, as well as direct flights into Munich, Zurich and Basel. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Friedrichshafen (FDH): 26km ( nearest )
- Zurich (ZRH): 120km