- Calais: 720km ( recommended )
- Rotterdam: 478km
- Zeebrugge: 613km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Südsee-Camp 1, D-29649 Wietzendorf
- GPS Co-ordinates 52.9316 9.9655
- Local Railway Soltau, 15km : Services to Hamburg, Hannover and also other parts of Germany
- Bus Station 2km : Services to bus Soltau
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Südsee-Camp.
At just over 700km the journey from Calais to the Südsee-Camp can be done in a day, but you will need an early start! Your journey takes you past Ghent, Antwerp and Dűsseldorf, so why not take a break along the way?
If you are travelling from the north of England or Scotland, consider giving the M25 a miss and take the overnight P&0 ferry crossing from Hull to Rotterdam or Zeebrugge - you will arrive rested and well placed for your journey.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
Germany is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Hamburg, Bremen and Hannover. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Hannover (HAJ): 76km ( nearest )
- Hamburg (HAM): 105km
- Bremen (BRE): 105km