- Calais: 1235km ( recommended )
- Zeebrugge: 1165km
- Rotterdam: 1210km
- Hook of Holland: 1216km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Rio Vantone Campsite
Via Vantone 45, 25074 Idro (BS)
- GPS Co-ordinates 45.753956 10.497486
- Local Railway Brescia, 40km : Services to Milan, Venice, Verona
- Bus Station Idro (Pieve Vecchia), 4.5km : Services to bus Salo, Brescia, Trento
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Rio Vantone.
Sailings from Dover to Calais (P&O Ferries) and the Eurotunnel run day and night, with a huge choice of departure times. Alternatively, if you are travelling from the north of England or Scotland, consider giving the M25 a miss and take the overnight P&0 Ferries crossing from Hull to Rotterdam or Zeebrugge.
There's a choice of routes too, so you could make this a circular drive and vary the scenery on the way back. One way from Calais would be to head south towards Geneva, going past Reims and Dijon. From Geneva head east driving past Chamonix, Milan and Bergamo, before reaching Lake Idro.
On the return you could journey north from Milan and take in the delights of Como, Lugano and Lucerne.
Even if you have a really early start, you have around 1250km to drive, so we recommend taking an overnight break. Take the chance to relax and give yourself more time to explore along the way.
We have some great parcs en route - take a look at Le Domaine de l'Epervière in Burgundy, the lake scenery at our parcs near Annecy and those fantastic mountain views in Switzerland.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Italian Lakes are within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Verona, Verona Brescia, Milan Bergamo and Milan Linate. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Brescia (VBS): 63km ( nearest )
- Verona (VRN): 97km