- Calais: 1215km ( recommended )
- Zeebrugge: 1145km
- Hook of Holland: 1196km
- Caen: 1200km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Del Garda Village and Camping
Via Marzan, 37019 Peschiera Del Garda, Verona
- GPS Co-ordinates 45.447815 10.702043
- Local Railway Peschiera del Garda, 3km : Services to Milan, Verona, Venice
- Bus Station 2km : Services to bus Riva, Desenzano del Garda, Verona
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Del Garda Village.
Sailings from Dover to Calais (P&O Ferries) and the Eurotunnel run day and night, with a huge choice of departure times. Alternatively, if you are travelling from the north of England or Scotland, consider giving the M25 a miss and take the overnight P&0 Ferries crossing from Hull to Rotterdam or Zeebrugge.
It's a fair distance to drive, but that gives you the opportunity to take in some wonderful scenery en route. There's a good choice of routes too, so you could make this a circular drive and vary the scenery and stopovers on the way back.
One way from Calais would be to head south towards Geneva, going past Reims and Dijon. From Geneva head east driving past Chamonix, Milan and then on to Lake Garda.
An alternative route would be to miss Geneva, instead heading towards Mulhouse and Lucerne (A5 - A31) before dropping down to Como and Milan. A slightly longer option would be to return via beautiful Innsbruck in Austria and Stuttgart in Germany.
Even if you have a really early start, we would recommend taking an overnight break - take the chance to relax and give yourself more time to explore along the way.
We have some great parcs en route - take a look at the super facilities at Le Domaine de l'Epervière in Burgundy, the lake scenery at our parcs near Annecy and those fantastic mountain views in Switzerland and Austria.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Italian Lakes are within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Verona, Verona Brescia, Milan Bergamo and Milan Linate. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Verona (VRN): 28km ( nearest )
- Brescia (VBS): 42km
- Bergamo (BGY): 93km