- Calais: 1235km ( recommended )
- Zeebrugge: 1165km
- Rotterdam: 1210km
- Hook of Holland: 1216km
Rio Vantone Campsite
Via Vantone 45, 25074 Idro (BS)
- GPS Co-ordinates 45.753956 10.497486
- Local Railway Brescia, 40km : Services to Milan, Venice, Verona
- Bus Station Idro (Pieve Vecchia), 4.5km : Services to bus Salo, Brescia, Trento
How To Get There - Flight Recommendations
Whilst we can’t book your flights for you we’ve teamed with Skyscanner to help you to find the best flight options to your parc.
Please select your preferred departure airport and we'll search or link you to Skyscanner to find the best airlines and routes for your holiday parc.
How To Get There - By Ferry & Eurotunnel
You can book your channel crossing with us as part of a package and benefit from the best deals around with our best ferry crossing price guarantee!
The following routes listed will help you to plan your journey; you will have the option to check prices and add ferry or Eurotunnel crossings once you've added your parc/accommodation to your basket.
Know Before You Go - Our Travel Tips
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Rio Vantone.
Sailings from Dover to Calais (P&O Ferries) and the Eurotunnel run day and night, with a huge choice of departure times. Alternatively, if you are travelling from the north of England or Scotland, consider giving the M25 a miss and take the overnight P&0 Ferries crossing from Hull to Rotterdam or Zeebrugge.
There's a choice of routes too, so you could make this a circular drive and vary the scenery on the way back. One way from Calais would be to head south towards Geneva, going past Reims and Dijon. From Geneva head east driving past Chamonix, Milan and Bergamo, before reaching Lake Idro.
On the return you could journey north from Milan and take in the delights of Como, Lugano and Lucerne.
Even if you have a really early start, you have around 1250km to drive, so we recommend taking an overnight break. Take the chance to relax and give yourself more time to explore along the way - enjoy the mountain air at our parcs near Annecy and the fantastic views in Switzerland.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.