- Caen: 980km ( recommended )
- St Malo: 1001km
- Bilbao: 690km
- Roscoff: 1136km
- Calais: 1162km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Le Soleil Campsite
Route de Littoral, 66702 ARGELES-SUR-MER
- GPS Co-ordinates 42.575459 3.042269
- Local Railway Argelès-sur-Mer, 3km : Services to Paris, Barcelona, Bordeaux, Montpellier, Cerbere, Port Bou
- Bus Station 0.1km : Services to bus Argeles Plage
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Le Soleil.
The short sea crossings offer the greatest choice of departure times, with P&0 Ferries and the Eurotunnel operating both day and night. It's a fair distance from Calais, but it is motorway nearly all the way!
Burgundy, is ideally placed for a stopover. Alternatively take the route via Paris, Orléans and Clermont-Ferrand - not only is this way shorter, you get to drive over the impressive Millau Viaduct.
Why not enjoy have a stopover near Paris and take the chance to do a spot of sightseeing? If you want to enjoy the drive at a leisurely pace, the Dordogne and Ardèche regions also have plenty to offer and are great places for a break.
For a real treat, how about a mini cruise to Spain? Brittany Ferries operate sailings from Portsmouth to Bilbao and Santander, and from Plymouth to Santander. Enjoy a good nights sleep on the ferry and you will be ready for the drive when you land. From Bilbao to Le Soleil is less than 700km (via Biarritz, Toulouse and Carcassone).
With Brittany ferries you can mix and match your routes, so you could sail out direct to Spain and enjoy a scenic drive home via the Dordogne and Loire Valley to St Malo or Caen, before getting a sailing back to Portsmouth.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Roussillon region is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Gerona, Beziers, Carcassone, Perpignan, Montpellier and Toulouse. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Perpignan (PGF): 29km ( nearest )
- Gerona (GRO): 91km