- Caen: 300km ( recommended )
- St Malo: 350km
- Cherbourg: 404km
- Calais: 548km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Le Parc de Fierbois Campsite
37800 Ste Catherine de Fierbois
- GPS Co-ordinates 47.148269 0.653933
- Local Railway St Maure /Noyant, 12km
- Bus Station Ste Catherine de Fierbois, 2.5km : Services to bus Tours
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Le Parc de Fierbois.
The western channel ports are the closest to the Loire Valley. Brittany Ferries operate daily sailings from Portsmouth to St Malo - this is an overnight sailing normally departing at 8:15pm with a sailing time of approximately 12 hours.
The return sailing from St Malo to Portsmouth is normally a mid morning sailing - if you want to catch this, you will need a stopover close to the port. Alternatively you could mix and match your Brittany sailings and return from Caen Ouistreham, or Cherbourg.
There is a good choice of day and night crossings from Portsmouth to Caen Ouistreham with Brittany Ferries. From Caen head south on the main road towards Le Mans, then journey on past Tours to your parc.
If you prefer a short sea crossing, or the Eurotunnel, the drive is a little longer. From Calais you have a choice of routes - you can head south on the main A26 and A1 autoroutes and the drive takes you via Paris and Orléans. If you want to avoid Paris, take the autoroute to Rouen in Normandy and then head south to Le Mans and Tours. The distance between these two routes is about the same.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Loire region is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Paris (CDG and Orly), Poitiers and Tours. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Tours (TUF): 39km ( nearest )
- Poitiers (PIS): 80km