- Calais: 430km ( recommended )
- Rotterdam: 338km
- Zeebrugge: 350km
- Hook of Holland: 406km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
1 Um Birkelt, L - 7633 Larochette
- GPS Co-ordinates 49.7846 6.211
- Local Railway Mersch, 8km : Services to Luxembourg City
- Bus Station 1km : Services to bus Local towns and Luxembourg City
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Birkelt Campsite.
P&O Ferries sail from Dover to Calais, while Eurotunnel runs trains from Folkstone to Calais. Both operators offer a great choice of departure times day and night.
From Calais to Birkelt Campsite is approximately 430km depending on your route. One option is to head along the coast towards Dunkirk and carry on to Belgium. This route takes you past the beautiful city of Ghent and Brussels before reaching Namur. From just south of Namur you have to choose between the shorter N4 driving 'across country' and the N40 which is the main road to Luxembourg city.
The alternative route from Calais is via Lille, Mons and Namur.
Coming from the north of England? Do consider P&O's excellent overnight crossings from Hull to Rotterdam and Zeebrugge. Alternatively, if the east coast port of Harwich is an option for you, consider taking the Stena Line daytime or night sailing across to the Hook of Holland - from there it's just over 400km to drive.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
Luxembourg is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and indirectly from Ireland into Luxembourg Airport. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Luxemburg (LUX): 27km ( nearest )