- Cherbourg: 40km ( recommended )
- Caen: 131km
- St Malo: 170km
- Calais: 461km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Camping du Golf
43 chemin des mielles, 50270 St Jean de La Riviere
- GPS Co-ordinates 49.3649072 -1.7512985
- Local Railway Valognes, 27km : Services to Caen, Paris, Cherbourg
- Bus Station 0.1km : Services to bus Cherbourg, Valognes
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Camping du Golf.
There are three ports within easy driving distance of Camping du Golf, all of which are served by Brittany Ferries. There is a daily sailing from Portsmouth to St Malo - this is an overnight sailing normally departing at 8:15pm with a sailing time of approximately 12 hours. The return sailing from St Malo to Portsmouth is normally a mid morning sailing.
There is a greater choice of day and night sailings if you sail from Portsmouth to Caen Ouistreham. Brittany Ferries also operate a fast-craft crossing from Portsmouth to Cherbourg which only takes 3 hours to cross the channel - this departs in the morning, arriving in Cherbourg early in the afternoon.
The short channel crossings from Dover to Calais offer the greatest choice of departure times through both day and night. This route however, means more time on the road in France, with a distance of about 460km to drive.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Normandy region is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Paris (Beauvais), and Deauville. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Cherbourg (DOL): 42km ( nearest )