- Calais: 16km ( recommended )
- Zeebrugge: 127km
- Rotterdam: 334km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
La Bien Assise Campsite
D 231, 62340 GuÎnes
- GPS Co-ordinates 50.866514 1.856747
- Local Railway Calais Frethun, 9.7km
- Bus Station Guînes, 0.1km : Services to bus Calais
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – La Bien Assise is ideally located close to the French coast. The parc is just 16km from the Port de Calais and only 12km from the Eurotunnel station.
P&O Ferries and DFDS Seaways both sail from Dover to Calais, with a journey time of 90 minutes, allowing plenty of time for a drink, a meal or a spot of on board shopping. If you want an even faster journey put your car on the train - Eurotunnel services run from Folkstone to Calais, with a journey time of just 35 minutes.
All operators offer a great choice of sailings both day and night, but please remember your accommodation on parc will not be available until 3pm.
The drive from Port de Calais takes you close by Cité Europe - this huge indoor shopping centre has a large Carrefour hypermarket (closed Sundays) and is the perfect place to stock up with a few essentials en route to your parc.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Picardy region is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Paris (CDG, Beauvias and Orly). We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Lille (LIL): 110km ( nearest )