- Calais: 1159km ( recommended )
- Zeebrugge: 1174km
- Caen: 1097km
- St Malo: 1185km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
La Baume Campsite
3775, rue des Combattants d'Afrique du Nord, 83600 Fréjus
- GPS Co-ordinates 43.465469 6.723987
- Local Railway Fréjus, 2km : Services to Nice, Ventimiglia
- Bus Station 0.3km : Services to bus Fréjus (also St Raphael in high season)
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to La Baume.
Eurotunnel and the short sea sailings from Dover to Calais offer the greatest choice of departure times through both day and night.
From Calais you're on a good motorway nearly all the way. Head south on the main A26/A7 autoroute to Lyon, Orange and Aix-en-Provence, then turn east. There's less than 5km to drive to La Baume if you leave the motorway at exit 38-Fréjus from the A8.
If you prefer to take a western channel sailing, Brittany Ferries operate from Portsmouth to Caen Ouistreham with a choice of day and night sailings. The drive from Ouistreham is about the same distance as Calais, depending on your route. From Ouistreham you can head straight to Paris and then on down to Lyon, or you could take the Loire Valley option and drive via Le Mans, Tours and Clermont-Ferrand. From Clermont-Ferrand you can cut across to Saint-Étienne and pick up the A7 south of Lyon, or carry on straight down to the coast and Montpellier.
It's a fair distance so you will need to break your journey. Take a look at Le Domaine de l'Epervière in Burgundy - it's well placed for a stopover! If you want a more leisurely drive with a couple of stops - check out the great facilities on parc at La Croix du Vieux Pont, or why not have a city break and take in the sights of Paris. The Loire Valley is a great place for a stop over if you are coming from the West - from Tours to La Baume is just under 900km on the shortest route.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The Riviera is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Nice, Toulon and Marseille. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Nice (NCE): 58km ( nearest )
- Toulon (TLN): 97km
- Marseille (MRS): 141km