- Calais: 875km ( recommended )
- Zeebrugge: 875km
- Caen: 868km
- Hook of Holland: 926km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Bella Tola Campsite
Waldstrasse 133, CH-3952 Susten
- GPS Co-ordinates 46.29885 7.63577
- Local Railway Leuk, 3km : Services to Sion, Brig, Geneva
- Bus Station Susten, 3km : Services to bus Leukerbad and villages en route
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Bella Tola.
Eurotunnel and the short sea sailings from Dover to Calais offer the greatest choice of departure times through both day and night. From Calais the shortest route is to head south on the A26 autoroute to Dijon and then turn south east down to Lausanne and Montreux.
Coming from the north of England or Scotland? Do consider P&O's excellent crossings from Hull to Rotterdam and Zeebrugge, arriving on the continent rested and well placed for your tour.
The drive to Switzerland takes you through some wonderful scenery and with around 875km to drive on the continent, you will want to break your journey. Check out the great facilities on parc at La Croix du Vieux Pont, explore Luxembourg and our parc Birkelt, or simply relax in the Black Forest at Campingplatz Herbolzheim.
Please note in Switzerland drivers must pay an annual motorway tax - this applies even if you are only using the motorways for an hour or two. The vehicle sticker (vignette) must be displayed on the windscreen or you will be liable to a fine. You can buy the stickers in the UK from the Swiss Centre and also in Switzerland from customs offices at the border, or service stations, garages and post offices. In 2016 the annual sticker costs CHF40 (stickers for a day/week/month do not exist).
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
Switzerland is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Geneva and Basel, and indirect flights into Bern. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.