- Calais: 833km ( recommended )
- Zeebrugge: 850km
- Caen: 788km
- St Malo: 877km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Camping Les Fontaines Campsite
- GPS Co-ordinates 45.800444 6.204507
- Local Railway Annecy, 22km : Services to All major European cities
- Bus Station Bout Du Lac, 1km
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to Camping Les Fontaines!
Although Les Fontaines is well connected to the major road networks, it is a good way south! At around 850km from Calais, it is just about possible to do the drive in France in one day, but you will need to take an early crossing and be prepared for a long day in the car.
The fastest way across the English Channel would be to take the 35 minute Eurotunnel option, but if you want to stretch your legs on board a ferry then P&O offer a large choice of sailing times. For anyone traveling from the north of England then an overnight crossing from Hull to Zeebrugge might be an attractive option, leaving 850km to drive on the continent.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The French Alps are within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into Lyon, Chambéry, Grénoble and Geneva. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- Chambery (CMF): 60km ( nearest )
- Geneva (GVA): 69km
- Lyon (LYS): 143km
- Grenoble (GNB): 147km