- St Malo: 392km ( recommended )
- Caen: 502km
- Roscoff: 526km
- Cherbourg: 536km
- Calais: 790km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
Domaine d'Oléron Campsite
La Jousselinière, 17190 Saint-Georges-d'Oléron, l'Ile D'Oleron
- GPS Co-ordinates 45.967946 -1.318703
- Local Railway Rochefort, 50km : Services to Paris, La Rochelle, Bordeaux, Saintes
- Bus Station 3km : Services to bus around the island
Traveling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
Thanks to the Eurotunnel and a vast choice of ferry crossing, taking your car to the continent has never been easier. The Ile d'Oléron is located just off the coast from Marennes and is linked to the mainland by a road bridge.
For an easy journey take the overnight sailing from Portsmouth to St Malo and then head south on the main road, bypassing Rennes and Nantes, giving a total drive time of approximately 4 and a half hours.
For a greater choice of sailing times, do consider the Brittany Ferries sailing from Portsmouth to Caen. There are excellent motorway connections from Caen so although the journey is 90km longer, the overall journey time should only take an extra hour.
Travelling from Calais (772 km)? Take a break and try out our parcs in Normandy and Picardy. Alternatively take the more southern route (808km) and have a city break at Paris International parc, or stop in the lovely Loire Valley and spot a château or two.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The region of the Vendée is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into La Rochelle, Bordeaux and Poitiers. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- La Rochelle (LRH): 76km ( nearest )