- St Malo: 295km ( recommended )
- Caen: 409km
- Roscoff: 433km
- Cherbourg: 458km
- Calais: 680km
At Eurocamp we believe in making our holiday parcs not only easy to enjoy, but also simple to get to. So whether you decide to self drive or fly drive, we'll help to make sure your journey is as hassle-free as possible.
L'Oceano d'Or Campsite
84 rue Georges Clémenceau, 85520 Jard-sur-Mer
- GPS Co-ordinates 46.42055294 -1.569457054
- Local Railway Les Sables d'Olonne, 24km : Services to La Roche sur Yon, Nantes
- Bus Station 0km : Services to bus Lucon, Les Sable d'Olonne
Travelling by Ferry & Eurotunnel
With a huge choice of ferry operators and routes – not to mention Eurotunnel - taking your car to the continent has never made more sense. Channel crossings can be booked online as part of a package, and don’t worry about driving abroad if it’s your first time – we can help you with our recommended ferry and driving routes to help you hit the open road en route to L'Oceano d'Or.
The western channel ports are the closest to the parc. Brittany Ferries operate daily sailings from Portsmouth to St Malo - this is an overnight sailing normally departing at 8:15pm and arriving the next morning with a sailing time of approximately 12 hours.
The return sailing from St Malo to Portsmouth is normally a mid morning sailing, so if you want to catch this you will need a stopover close to the port - check out the facilities on parc at Château de Galinée and Domaine des Ormes. Alternatively you could mix and match your Brittany sailings and return from Caen Ouistreham, Roscoff or Cherbourg.
If you prefer a short channel crossing P&O Ferries have a wide choice of departures from Dover to Calais, both day and night, while Eurotunnel offers a fast train journey of just 35 minutes.
From Calais the shortest route is via Rouen, Le Mans and Angers. It's a fair distance - if you cross the channel very early in the morning, this drive could be done in a day, but why not enjoy a more leisurely pace? Take an overnight break in beautiful Normandy and sample some of the region's famous cider! Alternatively take the longer southern route via Paris and have a city break en route - enjoy a spot of sight seeing, or even take a trip to Disneyland® Paris.
- Please note your accommodation on parc is available from 3pm on your day of arrival.
- France has introduced driving restrictions in Paris and some other cities; a Crit'Air sticker should be displayed or you may be fined. Click here for more details.
- Don't forget the time difference! Europe is 1 hour ahead of UK time.
- More time on the ferry or more time on the road? When comparing the different route options, do remember to allow for motorway tolls and fuel costs.
- Quick converter: 50 miles is just over 80km.
An increasing number of non-stop flights and additional routes to the continent mean that flying to your destination is more convenient than ever.
The region of the Vendée is within easy reach, with several airlines flying directly from the UK and Ireland into La Rochelle, Nantes, Poitiers and Tours. We can arrange your flights with low cost operators as well as offering information about scheduled airlines.
Check who flies into where from your nearest airport using the Flight Finder tool, below, then either book your flights directly or give us a call and let us take care of everything!*
*Not all airlines can be booked as part of a package arranged by us, including: Air France, German Wings, KLM, Thomson, Thomas Cook and Vueling.
- La Rochelle (LRH): 71km ( nearest )
- Nantes (NTE): 114km