The Châteaux and palaces in Europe are second to none, with enough of these grand residences to fill an entire holiday, let alone just a day trip. With that in mind, we’ve rounded up a royally good selection of parcs that are close to the most famous and spectacular Châteaux in France. So accept this invitation to take a look at how the other half live and choose the ideal cultural stop for your next grand trip.
The fairy tale Château de Pierrefonds, setting for the BBC series ‘Merlin’, is only about half an hour's drive away. Beautifully restored, the castle has turrets, towers and a moat, plenty to explore.
- Take a day trip to Disneyland® Resort Paris
- Eurocamp’s Kids’ Clubs for all ages
- Huge choice of activities, from archery, to pedalos, to ten-pin bowling
Step into story time at Château d’Ussé, the inspiration for the tale of Sleeping Beauty. The story is re-told as you tour the château. Outside, don't forget to explore the gardens, considered by many as one of the Loire's most beautiful.
- Discover the local countryside while pony-trekking
- Get a hole in one on the 9-hole mini golf course
- Fabulous pool complex with slides and toddler pool
5 Châteaux within easy reach: Château de Milandes, Château Castelnaud, Château de Beynac, Château de Montford and Château de Puymartin...try and visit them all!
- Parc excursions available - take a canoe along the Dordogne river or explore by bicycle
- Take a trip to the medieval town of Daglan just 3km away - market day is Sunday!
- Fabulous pool complex complete with waterslides
Catch the fabulous sound and light show at the majestic Château Azay-le-Rideau, illustrating the castle's history.
Built during the early French Renaissance, the château is also listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Array of activities for all ages, including archery, fishing and wine tasting
- Lovely lagoon pool complex with waterslides
- Within easy reach of Tours, a must-visit while you’re here
No visit to the western Mediterranean is complete without a day trip to the world famous Carcassonne! Closer at hand is the impressive Palace of the Kings of Mallorca, situated in the heart of Perpignan.
- Unwind in the parc spa and pool, or head for the adjacent beach
- Meander down the coast to the artist town of Collioure
- Have an adventure at Argelès Canyoning
Don’t miss the medieval adventure at Château de Talmont, the medieval fortress of Richard the Lionheart. Experience cross bow shooting, knights on horse back and falconry displays.
- Only 1km from the sandy beaches of Jard-sur-Mer
- Excellent water complex including waterslides and an indoor pool
- Step back in time with a day trip to Puy du Fou theme park
One for golf lovers, join one of the parc’s weekly trips to the magnificent Château de Bournel and practice your swing.
- Let your little monkeys loose in the trees on the parc’s high rope adventure course
- Relax by one of the parc’s two lakes or on the golf course
- Get on the water in a canoe or kayak, or in the water at the parc’s fabulous pool complex
Visit the famous Château Cheverny just an hour away. Enjoy a traditional cooking demo and games at nearby Château de la Ferté, tour around the furnished rooms then take a stroll through the lovely grounds outside.
- Fabulous aqua park with slides, lagoon pool, wave pool and kids' pool
- Get your skates on at the skate park, or challenge the family at crazy golf
- Hire bikes and explore the local area
Literature fans will love Château de Combourg, childhood home of great French novelist Châteaubriand. Or explore the botanical gardans and animal reserve at Château Bourbansais.
- Endless activities for all ages, from golf to horse riding and cycling to high ropes adventure course
- Eurocamp’s Kids’ Clubs available here
- Take pedalos out onto the parc’s lake