Common Questions

Who can you travel with?

If you’re travelling with pets, you must enter the EU via a travellers’ point of entry, where your pet’s animal health certificate will be checked. The following ferry routes are all approved for pet travel:

  • Hull – Rotterdam (P&O Ferries)
  • Rosyth – Zeebrugge (Superfast Ferries)
  • Dover – Calais (P&O Ferries) (SeaFrance)
  • Folkestone - Calais (Eurotunnel)
  • Dover – Dunkerque (Norfolk Line)
  • Dover – Boulogne (Speedfast Ferries)
  • Newhaven – Dieppe (Transmanche Ferries)
  • Portsmouth – Cherbourg , Caen, St.Malo (Brittany Ferries)
  • Portsmouth – Le Havre (Louis Dreyfus Lines)
  • Poole – Cherbourg (Brittany Ferries)
  • Poole – St.Malo (Condor Ferries)
  • Plymouth – Roscoff (Brittany Ferries)
  • Newcastle – Ijmuiden (DFDS Seaways)
  • Harwich – Hook of Holland (Stena Line)
  • Plymouth – Santander (Brittany Ferries) 

Some airlines will carry pets as cargo, but if you book pet travel as part of your Eurocamp holiday, it has to be by ferry on one of the routes listed.

Owners of assistance dogs returning from the EU do not have to travel on approved routes. You must notify the point of entry in advance that you’re travelling with an assistance dog to ensure the appropriate checks are done.

What happens at check-in on the way home?

If only one person knows your dog better than you, it is your vet. Have a chat with your vet about your travel plans, where you are going, how you are travelling and your holiday plans. Your vet will be able to advise you on any health checks and vaccinations your pet might need, and getting an animal health certificate (AHC).

How will my dog travel on board?

Each operator will have different rules depending on the type and duration of the crossing. As a general rule, on short crossings your dog can remain in your vehicle. On longer crossings there are kennels on board for your dog to stay in, and you’ll be able to visit them accompanied by a crew member.

On the Eurotunnel, you stay in your car throughout the crossing, so it’s ideal if your dog is nervous or you prefer to stay with your pet.

For the latest information about each operator, contact our customer service team.

What happens when I arrive back in the UK?

If your pet’s microchip and documents weren’t checked before you boarded, they’ll be checked when you arrive back in the UK. If all these checks took place before you boarded then you and your pet should be able to travel home straight away.

Which parcs allow dogs?

Around two thirds of our parcs are dog friendly, spread across our entire selection of countries and regions. These links will help you find the right one for you:

Some parcs have rules about how many dogs you can bring, and some only allow dogs for certain dates in the season. Check the ‘Important Information’ section of each parc page to find out any additional restrictions about bringing your dog.

Once you’ve found your perfect dog friendly parc, call us on 01606 787677 to book it.

Can I book any accommodation type when travelling with my dog?

At dog-permitted parcs, we have a range of accommodation where dogs can stay with you. They’re generally within our Classic and Comfort ranges, as well as selected lodges and Classic tents.

Please make sure to check when you book, more details of dog-permitted accommodation can be found here.

What happens on-parc?

Eurocamp holidays give you the freedom, flexibility and space to enjoy an overseas holiday with your dog. Many parcs have been welcoming dogs for many years, but to make it as relaxing and enjoyable for you, your pets and all our guests, please keep these things in mind:

Control – please keep dogs on a lead at all times around the parc.
Consideration – please be considerate of other guests and keep noise to a minimum.
Cleanliness – please clean up after your dogs.

What should I take with me?

We recommend bringing the following items with you:

Lead, dog bowl, dog food, favourite toys, favourite blankets or basket, poop-a-scoop or doggy bags.

Europeans are renowned as dog-lovers, so shopping for any additional requirements should be simple and straightforward. Most of the brand names that are well known in the UK are also well known in Europe.

Don’t forget to pack plenty of water for your journey too!

Are there any other requirements before I return to the UK?

Before you re-enter Great Britain, you need to take your dog to a vet for an approved tapeworm treatment. This must be done no less than 24 hours and no more than 120 hours (1-5 days) before you return to GB.

This treatment must:
  • Be approved for use in the country where it is being administered
  • Contain praziquantel or an equivalent proven to be effective against tapeworm (Echinococcus multilocularis)

The names, addresses and telephone numbers of veterinary offices close to our campsites can be found online. Our holiday reps on parc will be happy to help you arrange vet appointments if needed.

Who else can I talk to?

If only one person knows your dog better than you, it is your vet. Have a chat with your vet about your travel plans, where you are going, how you are travelling and your holiday plans. Your vet will be able to advise you on  any health checks and vaccinations your pet might need, and getting an animal health certificate (AHC).

Can you tell me if my PETS passport is valid?

Pet passports issued in Great Britain are no longer valid for travel in the European Union. You can still take your pet on holiday with you, but you’ll need an animal health certificate instead.

You’ll need to get a new animal health certificate each time you visit an EU country with your dog. Here are the steps you need to take:

  • At least a month before you go, contact your vet to arrange any vaccinations your pet needs.
  • Make sure your pet is microchipped and the details are up to date
  • Get your animal health certificate signed by an official vet no more than 10 days before you travel. You’ll need to take proof of your pet’s microchipping date and vaccination history with you.

Call your vet in advance to check whether they can issue AHCs. If they don’t, you can find a vet who can on the government’s official vet list.

Your pet’s AHC is valid for:

  1. 10 days after the date of issue for entry into the EU
  2. 4 months after the date of issue for onward travel within the EU
  3. 4 months after the date of issue for re-entry into Great Britain

Could my dog be considered a dangerous dog?

Each dog is accepted on parc as a guest at the owners' discretion. Although dogs are a welcome addition to the family atmosphere on-parc, campsite owners reserve the right to refuse entry to any dog that is considered dangerous, or a cross-breed of a dangerous dog.

If you’re unsure whether your dog will be accepted on to the parc, we’d recommend you carefully consider whether this type of holiday is right for you. Eurocamp cannot be held liable for a dog being refused entry onto a campsite.