Brexit reassurance FAQs
  • ABTA and ATOL protection
  • Feefo 4.5 Trusted Service
  • Spread the cost
  • Arrive any day
  • Flexible durations


In a world of uncertainty, it’s good to know there are some things you can rely on.

We understand just how confusing everything surrounding Brexit has become. So we’re here to make some things a little clearer for you. 

The bottom line? Book your package holidays with us, and we won’t let you down. We’ll continue to deliver European holidays that offer a wealth of possibilities, with freedom fun and, most importantly, security build into every one.

Here are just a few things to help put your mind at rest, and prepare you for the road ahead, whatever happens in the coming months.

PEACE OF MIND | Reveal all answers

Is my booking safe?

The most important thing you need to know is that, whatever happens, your booking comes with peace of mind as standard. Our focus remains the same as it always has - providing safe, trustworthy and fully protected holidays to our customers. Our holidays are ABTA and ATOL bonded, for extra security - and that won’t change. There’s more information about that here: Book with confidence

If my flights or ferry / Eurotunnel does not operate because of issues around Brexit, will my money be refunded?

If you have booked your flight or ferry / Eurotunnel with Eurocamp and we’re unable to provide a booked service, then you will receive a refund or be given the option to change your holiday arrangements. Booking a package holiday ensures you are fully protected.

If you have booked only the Parc and accommodation part of your holiday with Eurocamp and your flights or ferry / Eurotunnel separately, then we would be unable to refund you. You would need to speak to the relevant booking agent or Travel Supplier directly to understand if they offer you financial protection.

DEPARTING THE UK | Reveal all answers

Will my passport be valid?

In the event of the UK leaving the EU without a deal, new rules will apply, meaning you’ll need to check your passport ahead of time.

The UK government recommends that travellers going to the EU after 29 March 2019 have six months left on their passport, and is also advising that any extra months which have been added to a 10 year passport will not be valid.

Not sure if this affects you? There’s a handy online passport checker you can fill in.

You can renew your passport online or by going to a Post Office with a Check and Send service. We’d recommend you don’t leave this to the last minute!

Do I need a Visa?

It’s highly unlikely you’ll need a visa to travel to the EU after Brexit. The European Commission confirmed that, even after a no-deal exit, UK travellers can still visit the EU without a visa, providing the same is offered to European citizens visiting the UK. The European Commission has said that from 2021, after the transition period (if we leave with a deal) UK citizens will need to pay a fee of around 7 Euros for this visa exemption, similar to the US ESTA arrangement.

What about my pet passport?

If the UK leaves with no deal, it would become a so-called ‘third country’ for the purposes of the EU Pet Travel Scheme. There are three categories of ‘third country’ - each presenting different outcomes, from no change to your pet passport requirements to the need to have your pet checked by an official veterinarian either four months or 21 days in advance of travel. See this page for more information.

TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS | Reveal all answers

How will it affect ferries?

Brexit will not affect the ability of ferries to sail between the UK and the rest of Europe. The Government has also set out that it wants to make no changes to passport controls for travel between the UK and the Continent.

It’s worth noting, however, that ports are always busier during the holiday season and we recommend that you arrive in plenty of time for your sailing. It’s always a good idea to check with your ferry operator to assess whether delays will be likely.

Will flights be affected?

Whatever happens after 29 March 2019 when the UK is scheduled to leave the European Union, the EU Commission has confirmed that UK airlines will still be able to operate flights between the UK and the EU.

If a deal is agreed then we will be in a transition period, meaning everything will stay the same until the end of December 2020 and flights will continue as normal. And even if there is no deal, the EU has confirmed that flights will not be affected.

Can I use my driving licence?

Following a no-deal exit, UK citizens with a full UK driving licence planning to drive in the EU on or after 29 March 2019 may need to get an International Driving Permit (IDP). Check which permit you’ll need for each country. There will be two different types of IDP that apply in EU countries, therefore if you’re driving through a few – for example driving to Spain via France, you will require both the 1949 IDP and the 1968 IDP.

Permits cost £5.50 and are available directly from the AA, the RAC or the Post Office. From 1st February, the government will begin providing IDPs at 2,500 Post Offices across the UK.

Will I need a Green Card?

A no-deal exit would leave UK citizens needing to have proof of insurance known as a Green Card, if driving their vehicle within the EU. Although European insurance authorities agreed to waive the need for Green Cards in the event of a no-deal Brexit in May 2018, it has not been confirmed by the European Commission. A Green Card is free and is obtained by contacting your vehicle insurance provider.


Do I need travel insurance?

ABTA advises holidaymakers to make sure they have appropriate travel insurance, even with a valid EHIC card. But, following a no-deal exit, this advice is essential. We’d always recommend you check any insurance covers your current medical conditions and any previous medical history is clearly noted. If you have an annual policy, make sure you check the Terms and Conditions and contact your insurance provider if you need to make any updates.

Will my EHIC be accepted?

The one area that will significantly alter, should we have a no-deal exit, is our reciprocal health arrangements with Europe. The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) allows EU citizens to receive state medical care when they are within the EU. In the event of a no-deal Brexit, UK registered EHICs will no longer be valid, so you won’t be able to rely on this, should you suffer an injury or illness when you’re away.

If a deal is agreed, there will be a transition period between 29 March 2019 and 31 December 2020, during which time all EU law will continue to apply in the UK. That would mean you'll still be able to use your card.

Book in confidence with Eurocamp