Demonstrating your COVID status on holiday

Updated 25th January | 11:40

The FCDO currently approves travel to all Eurocamp destinations, but your destination country may require you to demonstrate your COVID-19 status to access hospitality venues or public spaces. If you have booked a holiday, or are planning one soon, please follow the link for the country you’re travelling to below for more details.

We’re keeping a close eye on requirements in all countries, but rules can change at any time, so we recommend visiting the FCDO website for the latest information on your destination. You can also sign up for FCDO travel advice email alerts, so you automatically receive the latest travel advice updates.

Certification requirements by country



“Pass Sanitaire” – demonstrating your COVID status in France

For 2022 anyone aged 12 and over will need this to access a range of leisure facilities (bars, restaurants, museums, cinemas), hospitals, and modes of transport such as long distance train and bus journeys and planes. You can therefore also expect to have your COVID status checked when you arrive at your parc.

The pass sanitaire can be acquired by fulfilling one of the following three criteria:

  1. Vaccination certificate, illustrating that you are fully vaccinated with a vaccine authorised by the European Medical Authority. This means:
    -  One week after a second dose of Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna.
    -  28 days after a single dose of Johnson & Johnson.
    From 15/01/22 anyone aged 18-64 years who has been fully vaccinated for more than 7 months will need to prove they have had an approved booster in order to obtain the Pass Sanitaire
  2. Negative PCR or antigen test result from the last 48 hours.
  3. A document (dated more than 11 days ago and less than six months ago) proving you have recently recovered from COVID.

The 'Pass Vaccinal' (vaccine pass) replaces the 'pass sanitaire' for anyone aged 16 year and over. You can only get the pass vaccinal with proof of vaccination, and anyone aged 18 yrs and over who's been fully vaccinated for more than 7 months will need proof of a booster too.  Anyone aged 12-15 years carries on using the pass sanitaire and proof of a negative test will still be accepted.

The French government has confirmed that anyone visiting France after being vaccinated in the UK will be able to demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated either by presenting your NHS certificate through the NHS App, by downloading or printing the document, or by presenting your NHS letter.


The COVID-19 Green Certification - demonstrating your COVID status in Italy

From the 6th August, a green certificate will be required to access many public spaces in Italy including, but not limited to, indoor seating in bars and restaurants, museums, exhibitions, well-being centres, swimming pools, fairs and large events. It is not required to enter campsites.

The green certificate shows proof via a scannable QR code that the holder has either:

  1. Been vaccinated (anyone who has had their first of two vaccine doses are able to access it from the 15th day after it was administered until the date of the second dose).
  2. Recovered from COVID-19 within the previous six months.
  3. Recently tested negative for the virus.

The EU COVID Certificate will also be accepted by venues where you are required to show a green certificate. The Italian Government has confirmed that the NHS app/certificate will also be accepted by venues for anyone travelling from the UK.


Demonstrating your COVID status in the Netherlands

The Dutch Government has introduced a Coronavirus Entry Pass System to gain access to certain hospitality venues, however the Corona check app is not available to UK visitors and the NHS app is not accepted for this purpose, therefore all visitors from the UK aged 13 and over will have to show a negative test result to access one of the following services/venues whether vaccinated or not:

  • Restaurant and bars (indoor)
  • Concerts and festivals
  • Cinema and theatre
  • Sport matches (professional)

Free antigen tests can be arranged for a set date and time via this useful link:



The Hospitality Pass - demonstrating your COVID status in Switzerland

From the 20th September a 'Hospitality Pass' consisting of proof of vaccination (NHS vaccine proof is accepted), proof of recovery from a COVID-19 infection or a negative test result (up to 48 hours for a rapid antigen test or 72 hours for a PCR test) is required for entry into:

  1. Large-scale outdoor events attended by over 1,000 people. Indoor hospitality venues including restaurants, bars, clubs and discos.
  2. Cultural, sporting and leisure activities indoors. This includes museums and libraries, leisure facilities, zoos, casinos, fitness centres and sports facilities, indoor pools and water parks
  3. Indoor events including theatre and cinema, concerts, sporting events and private events outside the home (e.g. weddings)

Children under the age of 16 are exempt from this requirement.