Essential Booking Information

Health and Safety

If you already have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is still valid in EU countries until its expiry date.

If your EHIC is about to expire or you don’t have one, we recommend you apply for a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC). This entitles you to necessary medical care in an EU country for the same cost as a resident of that country.

Details of how to obtain your GHIC card can be found here. GHICs are issued free of charge, so beware of scam sites which charge a fee for them. 

It is not a substitute for health insurance, you can read more about choosing the cover that’s right for you here ›

Visiting Switzerland

From 1st January 2021, neither the EHIC or GHIC will cover you for medical treatment in Switzerland.

If you’re planning to spend some or all of your holiday in Switzerland, make sure you arrange travel insurance with healthcare cover included.

The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office Travel Advice Unit may have issued information about your destination. Please check before you travel by visiting


Passport requirements can vary according to the country you are travelling to. See Gov.UK for full details. If you are planning to travel to an EU country (except Ireland), or Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Andorra, Monaco, or Vatican City, you must meet the Schengen area rules.  

Your passport must meet 2 requirements. For most EU countries, it must be: less than 10 years old on the day you enter (check the ‘date of issue’) and valid for at least 3 months after the day you plan to leave (check the ‘expiry date’). Check both the issue date and the expiry date in your passport. If you renewed your passport early, extra months may have been added to its expiry date. This could affect the requirement for your passport to be less than 10 years old.

You can obtain an application form from the Post Office or the Passport Office, who must witness the application.

It is not possible to include or add children to a British passport. All children (including babies) who are not already included on a valid 10 year passport will need to hold their own passport if they are to travel abroad. Children who are already included on an existing passport may continue to travel with the passport holder until the child reaches the age of 16 when the passport on which the child is included expires, or the passport on which the child is included is submitted for amendment. However, if you are the holder of a joint passport (with your spouse) which is still valid please note your spouse cannot use the passport to travel without you. Holders of non-EEC passports require a visa for most European countries. Visas can take up to 6 weeks to obtain from the relevant Consulate.

Tourist Tax

On most of the parcs where Tourist Tax is charged, it will be included in your holiday cost and prepaid at the time of booking, meaning that you will not be requested to pay this locally, on arrival. The Tourist Tax charge will appear under 'Adjustments' on your holiday price breakdown. Selected parcs continue to request that tourist tax is paid locally, details of the charges will be presented online for these parcs during the booking process. There are also a number of parcs where tourist tax is not charged at all.

Dog allergies

Dog Allergies

If you suffer from a dog allergy, please let us know before booking so that we can ensure you can be allocated accommodation where we do not allow dogs.

Eurocamp weather charts


Temperatures and hours of sunshine shown on the regional introduction pages are average daily maximum temperatures provided by The Meteorological Office in Bracknell, Berkshire. These are given as a guide only.


If you are pregnant at time of travel it's imperative to check there are no restrictions with your choice of carrier. Most ferry operators allow carriage up to 32 weeks, however some routes will require a doctor's certificate. Most airlines will usually advise against flying after 28 weeks, although some will allow carriage beyond this point up to as late as 36 weeks, as long as a GP's certificate has been issued. Please check when booking.

Data Protection Policy

Please read the Eurocamp Contact Promise (Privacy Policy). If you would like to receive a printed version please contact us to arrange this for you. The Privacy Policy helps you understand how Eurocamp may collect and use your personal data in detail. 

Your booking: In order to process your booking and to help us provide you with a more personal service we need to collect certain information from you, including (where applicable) name, address, age of party members, credit/debit card or other payment details, mobile phone numbers, email address and any other special requirements which may affect your arrangements. We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We may need to pass some of this information on to 3rd parties, for example, suppliers of your travel and holiday arrangements such as airlines, hotels, transfer companies, postal companies, etc. These companies are all based within the European Union except for Serenova who will securely store your information in the European Union and the United States of America. In making this booking, you consent to the information being passed on to relevant organisations in their respective locations. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them, or as requested by law.

Under the 1988 Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (SI 2003/ 2426) (Privacy Regulations) and the General Data Provisions Regulations (GDPR) your data controller is: Greenbank Holidays Ltd.

Under Data Protection legislation, we believe we can demonstrate that we have a Legitimate Interest in using your data for some marketing purposes, such as sending you the next season’s brochure, however, you always have a choice. Nevertheless, if you want to receive communications from us, for example our next season’s brochure, please specifically signify your consent to us using your personal data to send you such and similar marketing materials/communications, by clicking the “opt into receiving marketing communications”. Please check our Privacy Policy for more details on how you can, at any time, opt-out of our use of your data, or you can opt out by clicking the unsubscribe link on the bottom of any email newsletter or alternatively, please contact us to arrange this for you. Please note: if you do unsubscribe from promotional contacts, you will still receive essential calls, SMS text and email communications specifically relating to a booking you have with us.

Driving Licences

Driving Licences

You may need an international driving permit to drive in the EU if you have a paper driving licence OR a licence issued in Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man. If either applies to you, contact the embassy of the country you’re visiting to check what documents you’ll need. More information about driving abroad.
driving in europe after brexit green card

Green Card

If you’re taking your own car on holiday to Europe, you’ll need to do ask your insurer for a green card as proof of insurance. Request your green card at least six weeks in advance to make sure it arrives in plenty of time and ensure that you take this with you on holiday. Take your vehicle log book (V5C) with you and display a GB sticker on your vehicle.

group holidays


We can help organise group bookings for clubs, corporate events and colleges, as well as groups of families and friends. Groups may be restricted on some parcs. For bookings for large groups please click here for more information.


All our accommodation is non-smoking. An ashtray is provided for external use.


With Eurocamp you have total flexibility to create your own holiday. You can go any day you choose, for as long as you choose. Tell us which crossing you would like and when you would like to travel and we'll do it all for you, subject to availability. During periods when availability is limited, we may ask you to adjust your itinerary a little to fit exactly the space we have available to help us fill our accommodation effectively.

Adjacent accommodation

We regret we cannot guarantee special requests including adjacent accommodation. You can make a request at the time of booking and we will notify our Eurocamp Reps at the parc. Our Eurocamp Reps may be able to meet your request, depending on the way in which our accommodation is located on the parc and the departure pattern of preceding customers.

Parc facilities

Parc owners may decide not to open all facilities between the parc contracted opening dates shown in the parc facility section (i.e. swimming pool, shop, bars and restaurants) subject to weather, demand, time of the year or local regulations. As we do not own the parcs, such events are regrettably beyond our control. For the most up to date information, please check our website.

Booking with confidence

When you book with Eurocamp you have the confidence and peace of mind in knowing your holiday is fully protected and secure through a number of organisations. Find out more.