Hike through alpine meadows, cycle through vineyards, take the family canoeing on the River Dordogne, or try your hand at windsurfing!
Camping Holidays in Central France
Central France is where the action steps up a notch. Those seeking wonderful sandy beaches can make a splash in the Atlantic waters of the Vendée or if you’re seeking rolling hills, head to the heart of France to hike past gorges galore in the Jura. For simply fabulous views the French Alps are hard to beat, so cameras at the ready to capture the famous Mont Blanc!
Still inland, make time to visit a vineyard for a sip of famous red in Burgundy or a cheeky Savignon blanc in the Loire.
If you’ve got a nose for culture, let it loose in the Loire and discover over 1,000 stately châteaux to see how French aristocrats used to live. Wind your way down to the Dordogne to explore medieval towns like Sarlat or even an underground lattice of mysterious caves.
- Unmissable châteaux: Blois a favourite of the kings of France, Chinon where Joan-of-Arc confronted the dauphin, Villandry with the most amazing of all the Loire gardens, Chenonceau and of course Chambord
- The prettiest villages in France - mellow sandstone houses, winding streets and bags of charm! The Dordogne is simply picture perfect - don't miss La Roque-Gageac, Beynac and Domme.
- Step back in time and see the pre-historic cave paintings of Les Eyzies and Lascaux
- Visit the third largest lake in France Lake Annecy, then head into the mountains for Le Tour de France
- For even more action visit Le Mans and the famous 24 hour automobile race
- Linger at great seaside resorts like Saint-Jean-de-Monts with mile after mile of sandy beaches, or explore the Ile de Noirmoutier
- Two great theme parks - visit spectacular Futuroscope or the brilliant Puy du Fou